The development of comprehensive cancer control programs has initiated the design of oncology facilities. Cancer treatment facilities are imperative in reducing the number of cancer deaths and improving cancer patients’ quality of life. Early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and palliation strategies are imperative in addressing cancer control. Oncologist Newport Beach Incorporates a comprehensive cancer center framework specializing in caring for cancer patients throughout their cancer journey.
Cancer system planning strengthens cancer health system capacity to enable different approaches towards a disease-specific program. Cancer patients visit cancer treatment where they formulate a patient care plan. Cancer patient care plans are based on the type of cancer and patients’ performance status. Comprehensive cancer oncology facilities provide clinical services such as;
- Surgical oncology, for example, breast, pancreatic, and gastrointestinal cancer issues
- Unique expertise, e.g., Microsurgery
- Radiation oncology, e.g., Intraoperative radiation therapy
- Medical oncology, for example, Bone marrow transplant and immunotherapy
- Precision medicine – entails immune-oncology, advanced genomic testing, and molecular tumor board
- Specialty surgery, e.g., Gynecology oncology
- Innovative clinical trials
- Integrative and support services encompassing quality of life and survivorship
Factors to consider when choosing a cancer treatment center
Finding an Oncologist and cancer care team: The decision to go for a particular physician depends on the type of health insurance you have, the type of cancer the oncologist treats, and the doctor’s recommendation.
Consider the experience, expertise, and type of cancer the treatment facility specializes in.
Accreditation to conduct cancer treatment: Cancer treatment facilities meet specific standards categorized into either cancer centers or comprehensive cancer centers. Cancer centers carry out laboratory and clinical researches while the comprehensive centers conduct population-based laboratory, clinical research, community outreach, and educational programs.
Consider how the facility offers patient medical care, for instance, outpatient or inpatient settings.
Oncology facilities are crucial in treating primary cancer forms. Modern technology and multiple evidence-based clinical treatments aid in optimizing the quality of patients’ medical care.